Sunday, April 21, 2013

Birchbox April 2013 - Open Box

Hi friends,

Here it is, the April 2013 Birchbox. As a recap, I really was not sure in the past two months whether I wanted to keep my $10/month subscription based on past disappointment. While I did not give a good rating to the March 2013 box, I did enjoy some of the products and wanted to give it another try. Fortunately for Birchbox, the April 2013 selection appears to be a really good one and I am excited about all of the products this time around. Please note that boxes may vary from individual to individual based on "profile" as well as quantities they have in stock. So your box may look nothing like mine.

The April box came with a theme: Women's Health and "making little tweaks to see big results". So the box itself was wrapped in this paper sleeve from Women's Health magazine.


As always, the girls at Birchbox included a sweet note to their subscribers inviting users to follow them and share their product pictures on Twitter #TinyTweaks.  (In about 5 years I will understand how Twitter works).



Here is a first peek at the contents:




1.  Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir. 



It comes in a small glass bottle with a dropper. The sample size is 0.14 oz. which is probably enough for one to two applications, depending on your hair length. I love hair serums, detanglers and hair oils, so this is a very exciting product to try. It smells very nice too, sort of like strawberries. Birchbox description:

"This is shine boosting serum that "cures" dry strands and reduces the odds of age-related breakage. Full Size, $20.99"





2. Skin & Co Roma - Cleansing Body Gel with Olive Oil and Sicilian Orange Extracts.




Super excited about this product! This is an antioxidant packed shower gel from Rome - which is no where near Sicily, but hey, who's checking!
It is a good size, 2 oz and probably enough for two showers, however, it smells nothing like the ingredients and to me (again scent is a personal thing) it smells more like French Savon de Marseilles, which is not a bad thing, it just smells like a heavy duty cleanser. But I am still looking forward to trying it. It retails for $17.50.



3. Stri-Vectin -SD Eye Concentrate for wrinkles.



I am not sure if I ever mentioned this in earlier posts, but I am a huge fan of eye creams. I try them all and this one, well I never tried! Very very excited. Stri-Vectin is a very well known anti-wrinkle line of products and there are a lot of similar items out there but the reviews for Stri-Vectin always beats them all. It's just a bit too expensive for my budget right now as this one retails for $65 which is about what you would pay for a Department Store brand eye cream, I guess.

"A beauty editor favorite, StriVectin's cream uses a patented molecule peptide to diminish fine lines and reverse the look of puffy circles"

As always, there was an additional little cardboard box with more goodies inside.




4. Weleda - Body Lotions (Beauty Extras - free)





I know this brand well since I am always getting samples from the Whole Foods Market. So far the Wild Rose (middle) has been my favorite. I am not sure if I have ever tried the Pomegranate (right) or Sea Buckthorn (left). Either way, I am glad I received these since I am always looking for body lotions to apply on in the evening. And I know this Weleda brand to be a good one, so thumbs up to Birchbox!


"A creamy Lotion that uses sustainably harvested plant oils and natural hydrators to restore skin's moisture levels. Full size, $16.50"

5. Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics - Anti-Shine Mattifier





Just the kind of product I am always looking for since I have combination skin and with the weather changes I have noticed my nose and chin areas getting oilier. Can't wait to try this one!

" Matte is in. Dab this shine-zapping balm onto your T-Zone before applying foundation. Full size, $36."

So the price is a little steep, and here is a secret I learned from my MAC counter guy, apply pore minimizers, primers and this type of product AFTER your foundation! I will try both!

Overall, this is a great box thus far, I think I am going to enjoy every products and to me, this box is keeping me as a subscriber, so thank you Birchbox for finally delivering! The box also came with a Women's Health Magazine Subscription discount card.



What did you get in this month's box?

Thanks for sharing my blog with family and friends. You can find me on FACEBOOK and YOUTUBE.

Sophia, NJ

* This blog contains affiliate advertising. I receive a commission from the purchase of items advertised here but I am not solicited to review any products. I am not affiliated with Birchbox. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and comments. If you have a question or a specific request, do not hesitate, I am here to help! Thanks, S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover